BK-0011 - Pin outs

Julian

May 13, 2008, 2:11:25 PM5/13/08
to БК-0010 - советский персональный компьютер
Hi there - apologies for posting in English, but I can't speak Russian
(which is probably where the problem starts...)

I picked up a BK-0011 some time ago (I've an interest in PDP 11's) and
would like to get it up and running, however I'm struggling to find
any documentation or web pages in English.... hardly suprising, I
guess!

A good start would be if some kind soul could provide me with (or
point me at an English language page so I can RTFM myself) the pin
outs of the connectors at the rear? The PSU connector at least would
be a great start.

Thanks in advance

Julian

Serge V.

May 13, 2008, 2:18:14 PM5/13/08
to БК-0010 - советский персональный компьютер
Some info is here: http://groups.google.com/group/bk0010/web/schematics
___
Best wishes,
Serge

Julian

May 13, 2008, 2:20:44 PM5/13/08
to bk0...@googlegroups.com
Serge V. wrote:
> Some info is here: http://groups.google.com/group/bk0010/web/schematics

Serge - thanks for the prompt responce.

Julian

> ___
> Best wishes,
> Serge

Serge V.

May 13, 2008, 2:22:42 PM5/13/08
to БК-0010 - советский персональный компьютер
> Serge - thanks for the prompt responce.

Always ready to help, feel free to ask. :)
___
Serge

Julian

May 13, 2008, 2:27:13 PM5/13/08
to bk0...@googlegroups.com
Serge V. wrote:
> Always ready to help, feel free to ask. :)

You might regret that - your link looks like it will give me everything
I need to try to get it up and running (well, connected to a TV, a PSU
and a tape recorder...). How easy is it get a floppy drive connected?

Thanks again,

Julian
> ___
> Serge

Serge V.

May 13, 2008, 3:23:06 PM5/13/08
to БК-0010 - советский персональный компьютер
> How easy is it get a floppy drive connected?

Do you have a floppy controller module (labeled КНГМД)? Then all you
need is a standard PC 3.5'' floppy drive, and direct 34-pin ribbon
cable (not twisted).

To prepare a bootable floppy, download this image: http://vak.ru/pub/bk/mkdos-3.15.bkd.gz
Unpack it using winzip or gzip.

You can use a standard 1.44M floppy disk, but to format it as 800k you
must close a square hole on it. It looks like the r/w protect hole,
but on the opposite side of disk.

Then write image to a floppy disk using this utility: http://vak.ru/pub/bk/bkdisk.zip
___
Regards,
Serge

Julian

May 15, 2008, 11:38:09 AM5/15/08
to bk0...@googlegroups.com
Serge V. wrote:
> Do you have a floppy controller module (labeled КНГМД)? Then all you
> need is a standard PC 3.5'' floppy drive, and direct 34-pin ribbon
> cable (not twisted).

No, it hasn't even occured to me to even try to look for one - are they
fairly easy to get hold of? Can't imagine there are (m)any in the UK, so
I'm guessing some helpful individual (nudge, nudge) might need to point
me in the right direction...
I must admit I thought I'd end up working out how to hang a RQDX3 out of
the back, as I'd read somewhere that people had got RT-11 running on them.

Julian