Eureka!!

Chris Gunn

Jun 13, 2011, 1:17:57 AM6/13/11
EUREKA!!!
Wednesday, March 6th, 1996

Americans are renowned for our Yankee ingenuity. We seem to love to
tinker, create and invent. When someone does invent something new, they
quite rightly want to get it registered and promoted. That's when they
turn to Invention Promotion Firms. BE CAREFUL! There are some things you
can do to protect yourself and make sure that you are dealing with a
legitimate firm:

(1) When you begin dealing with them, find out the total cost and get it
in writing. If they are not willing to tell you how much you'll wind
up paying, you should worry.

(2) Find out from them the entire process they use for evaluation,
registration and promotion. If they are not willing to disclose this,
be worried. Legitimate firms are willing to provide copies of their
evaluations and methods.

(3) Insist they check for existing patents before beginning a promotion
effort. You might expend large amounts of money and then find that
you are guilty of patent infringement. If there is no patent you
should seek out a patent attorney.

(4) Find out the companies success and failure rates before you do
business with them. Few inventions actually make it to the
marketplace, so high success rates should worry you. Also, if
they claim special relationships with manufacturers, you should
be able to substantiate those claims.

If a company doesn't pass any one of these tests, you should probably
beware and find another firm.

Log on the WebSite at http://www.fraud.org, or call 1-800-876-7060.
If you spot obviously illegal operations on the E-Ways, please
forward copies of the messages to NFIC at frau...@psinet.com.
|| The above message is auto-posted at regular intervals as a public ||
|| service by the BIZynet(tm) international business network. Please ||
|| contact Chris Gunn at cg...@bizynet.com for information. ||