Nice Guys?

Chris Gunn

Jun 14, 2011, 12:14:26 AM6/14/11
WHAT A NICE GUY...
Wednesday, April 3rd, 1996

Many of us have a soft spot for charities. We want to help out people.
There's nothing wrong with helping others. There is something wrong when
crooks take advantage of our kindness to make a profit. There are many
legitimate charities out there, but there are also people who wish to play
on your better side for their own benefit. Always take precautions.

First, don't be pressured into making a donation immediately. A
charity will be more than happy to receive a donation at any
time of year.

Second, don't ever give your credit card number, period. Once you
give out that number, you never know how much you may be charged.
You also never know who'll have your card number.

Third, ask for printed material so that you can carefully evaluate any
requests for money. You should always be given time to think
over any gift, confirm it and possibly cancel it.

Finally, check out the charity by contacting the National Charities
Information Bureau at 1-212-929-6300. You can also contact your
local Attorney General.

Log on the WebSite at http://www.fraud.org, or call 1-800-876-7060.
If you spot obviously illegal operations on the E-Ways, please
forward copies of the messages to NFIC at frau...@psinet.com.
|| The above message is auto-posted at regular intervals as a public ||
|| service by the BIZynet(tm) international business network. Please ||
|| contact Chris Gunn at cg...@bizynet.com for information. ||