Is it possible to transpile Scheme to JS?

18 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

ryangr...@outlook.com

da leggere,
9 apr 2019, 08:42:4109/04/19
a BiwaScheme

Hi,

I've played with BiwaScheme and it looks like it's wonderfully implemented (well done) and the macro system seems to work well. I'm considering migrating some of my JS code to Biwa as I'm finding myself limited by a lack of macros and frankly just like Scheme.

Is is possible to output JS code using Biwa, rather than executing it directly? For example, using Sibilant you can write something like

  sibl myfile.scm | node

to run a lisp program, and it transpiles code ratherthan directly runs it.

Yutaka Hara

da leggere,
9 apr 2019, 12:34:3709/04/19
a biwas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

2019年4月9日(火) 21:42 <ryangr...@outlook.com>:
I've played with BiwaScheme and it looks like it's wonderfully implemented (well done) and the macro system seems to work well.

Thanks! :-)

Is is possible to output JS code using Biwa, rather than executing it directly?

Unfortunately no, because Biwa is a VM-based interpreter (it first compiles Scheme code into intermediate language and then executes it).

--
Yutaka HARA
Rispondi a tutti