State of multi-repository and DVCS?

W. Martin Borgert

Apr 15, 2013, 12:33:09 PM4/15/13
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

how is the support of multiple repositories and non-SVN VCSes
in current bitten? Which patches are needed, if any? TIA!

Cheers

Brettschneider Falk

Apr 16, 2013, 3:13:13 AM4/16/13
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Martin Borgert wrote:
> how is the support of multiple repositories

I've been running Bitten + multi-repos-patch of http://bitten.edgewall.org/ticket/765 without problems for more than a year now. It's compatible with Trac 0.12 and 1.0. Actually, it can be applied to the trunk. Likely, it's just not so because there is no active Bitten developer anymore.

CU, F@lk

----
R&D Software
Baumer Optronic GmbH
www.baumer.com

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dr. Albert Schmidt* Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583

Simon Cross

Apr 16, 2013, 6:34:01 AM4/16/13
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for trying out the patch. If someone can add tests to the new
pieces added, I'm happy to look at landing it in trunk (provided there
are no objections from osimons of course).

W. Martin Borgert

May 8, 2013, 4:58:18 AM5/8/13
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there was a promising reply to my question about multiple repositories,
but no mentioning of DVCSes. Is it possible to use Bitten with Git?
E.g. with the patches attached to http://bitten.edgewall.org/ticket/457
or otherwise?

Thanks again!

Felix Schwarz

May 8, 2013, 2:59:33 PM5/8/13
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Am 08.05.2013 10:58, schrieb W. Martin Borgert:
> there was a promising reply to my question about multiple repositories,
> but no mentioning of DVCSes. Is it possible to use Bitten with Git?
> E.g. with the patches attached to http://bitten.edgewall.org/ticket/457
> or otherwise?

I'm using git (in a simple config without branch builds) without any bitten
patches (afair). The only bad thing is that trac accumulates git processes so
at some point trac can't fork anymore.

I believe this is because some code in trac will only yield revision
information and if the caller does not loop over all revisions it'll leave the
git process alive. But maybe that changed in the meantime (running Trac 1.0).

fs

osimons

Jun 11, 2013, 3:15:23 AM6/11/13
to Bitten
On 15 apr, 18:33, "W. Martin Borgert" <deba...@debian.org> wrote:
> how is the support of multiple repositories and non-SVN VCSes
> in current bitten? Which patches are needed, if any? TIA!

I have finally had the need + time to look at this, and ended up
committing it to trunk last week:

http://bitten.edgewall.org/changeset/1016

It provides full support for path-based multi-repository
configurations. It should be all there and all functional ready to
use. Feedback welcome!

However, we have no way of indicating what branch to use for build
configuration (same as "Browse Source" path in Trac will show main/
master/default branch for a DVCS) . This still needs to be done when
naming/describing recipe and as details inside the build config.
However, adding a 'Branch' attribute to the build configuration is
something we could do. But then we also have long-standing open issues
for triggering build configurations on multiple paths (& branches),
and the possibility of having the build config/recipe being supplied
from the repository instead. If so, perhaps the config shouldn't gain
more attributes - perhaps it should have less attributes and just
leave more of the selection to a simple rule-based approach? Basically
select / accept initiation of builds for anything within the defined
set of rules?

:::simon