Removing logs of successful builds

Olaf Meeuwissen

Nov 7, 2012, 9:33:41 PM11/7/12
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to disturb the quiet ;-)

Our build slaves have been dutifully churning away at rebuilding with
every single commit on the trunk and now we have a large pile of very
verbose logs. When I checked on the server, the (uncompressed) build
logs make up 2/3 of the project's disk space.

As we aren't really interested in the logs for successful builds (with
the possible exeption of the last few), I was wondering if there's an
easy way to remove these logs but keep logs for failed builds.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

I have over 100,000 files related to Bitten builds, so some automation
would be welcome ;-)

Thanks in advance,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2 FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS CORPORATION
FSF Associate Member #1962 Help support software freedom

Olaf Meeuwissen

Mar 12, 2013, 7:33:27 PM3/12/13
to luis montes, bit...@googlegroups.com, olaf.me...@avasys.jp
luis montes writes:

> It's been a while, so I don't know if you have found your answer, but given
> that nobody else had suggestions, and taking into account that I'm a novice
> at bitten, I would think that perhaps the answer can be extracted from this
> post:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/bitten/fmFxzi9PAM4/d_74dtVcatwJ

Thanks for the pointer. If I understand correctly, that would remove
the *whole* build. I just want to remove the logs (and only for the
successful builds). Anyway, I may take a look at the Build API to see
if there's anything that might be of use.