RE: [Bitten] Mercurial path with branch

Brettschneider Falk

Jan 27, 2012, 8:55:22 AM1/27/12
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Jon Hodgson wrote:
> Since I'm a Trac user Bitten looks like a potentially good solution to
> my CI needs, however the documentation seems rather out of date, or at
> least incomplete.
>
> I'm using Mercurial.
>
> Is it possible to set a build configuration to trigger a build when a
> changeset is committed to a specific branch?
Yes, you set a build configuration for each source branch in
http://your.ip/yourproject/admin/bitten/configs. If Trac notices a
commit on a certain repository branch, it will trigger the according
build configuration and calls its recipe for all its appropriately
connected Bitten slaves. You define steps in every recipe for calling
further scripts doing the local checkout/update from repository plus the
call of the actual build on slave site.

> If so then what is the
> syntax for this?
See http://bitten.edgewall.org/wiki/BittenFaq#BittenRecipe

CU, F@lk
Geschaftsfuhrer: Marcel Seeber . Dr. Oliver Vietze
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Radeberg
Amtsgericht Dresden: HRB 15379
Ust. ID: DE 189714583

Jon Hodgson

Feb 8, 2012, 6:58:19 AM2/8/12
to bit...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Brettschneider Falk
<fbretts...@baumer.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jon Hodgson wrote:
>> Since I'm a Trac user Bitten looks like a potentially good solution to
>> my CI needs, however the documentation seems rather out of date, or at
>> least incomplete.
>>
>> I'm using Mercurial.
>>
>> Is it possible to set a build configuration to trigger a build when a
>> changeset is committed to a specific branch?
> Yes, you set a build configuration for each source branch in
> http://your.ip/yourproject/admin/bitten/configs. If Trac notices a
> commit on a certain repository branch, it will trigger the according
> build configuration and calls its recipe for all its appropriately
> connected Bitten slaves. You define steps in every recipe for calling
> further scripts doing the local checkout/update from repository plus the
> call of the actual build on slave site.
>
>> If so then what is the
>> syntax for this?
> See http://bitten.edgewall.org/wiki/BittenFaq#BittenRecipe

Thanks, but what I haven't found is what the syntax is for a specific
Mercurial branch, maybe I'm missing the obvious, but...

A subversion branch is a path inside the repository, that's easy.

But in Mercurial you have named branches (which I use) which are in
the same repository but not a different path, and unnamed branches
which are really a different repository (not relevant to me, but
probably should be covered for completeness).

So for example, let's say I have a folder in my default repository,
called Source

And a named branch, "GuiUpdates"

What path do I put in the build configuration for it to trigger on any
change in the Source folder in the GuiUpdates branch?

Thanks

Jon

Jon Hodgson

Apr 20, 2012, 6:42:02 AM4/20/12
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I'm still looking for the solution to this, and frankly it shouldn't
be this hard.

It's not like Subversion is the only version control system anybody
uses, many Trac users are on Mercurial, so why isn't this documented?
Or isn't it even supported properly?

Does anybody know???? What is the path syntax in a Bitten build
configuration (not the build recipe) to trigger a build on a change in
a given folder in a given named branch in Mercurial?

I've tried looking at the source, but I've not managed to find
anything that looks like it'll specify a branch, which is pretty
important to me.

regards

Jon