Cannot find PWD in a bitten recipe

Charles Krinke

Sep 5, 2014, 4:01:36 PM9/5/14
to bit...@googlegroups.com
I have a bitten recipe which invokes a Makefile. In this Makefile, I need to know my PWD for paths to various tools. When I run make from a bash prompt on a developement linux system, PWD works as expected. It just doesnt work on our linux build server under bitten.

The problem seems to be that the environment variable $PWD is returned as null in a script invoked from a Makefile. I have tried other variants such as invoking /bin/pwd, but it returns null as well.

So, the question is, 'How does one determine the current working directory at a specific point in time from within a script invoked from a Makefile? in a bitten recipe?"

Charles

Simon Cross

Sep 9, 2014, 5:02:15 PM9/9/14
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I think you should be able to use ${basedir} from
http://bitten.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/recipes.html.

Schiavo
Simon