Multi-Location SVN Mirrors

potter

May 22, 2014, 2:03:16 PM5/22/14
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Situation: We now have two SVN servers setup as mirrors at two different locations.  Currently the Bitten check-out step looks something like:
<svn:checkout url="http://master/repos/" path="${path}" revision="${revision}"/>
But what if we wish to have some additional bitten slaves running at the other location?  For the slaves running at the other location we would wish to use:
<svn:checkout url="http://mirror/repos/" path="${path}" revision="${revision}"/>

So, is it possible to have the svn:checkout url parameter be taken from the slave configuration file?  I realize if not I could always write a script file to perform the check-out and use the sh:exec command to provide this extra magic.  Just wondering if there is any direct support for such?  Any other ideas?

osimons

May 22, 2014, 2:23:49 PM5/22/14
to bit...@googlegroups.com

Use variable interpolation from local configuration files. For instance:

[repository]
hostname = master

... and use recipe like: url="http://${repository.hostname}/repos/"

See: http://bitten.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/configure.html#property-interpolation-in-build-recipes