https trouble

g...@hrc.lu

May 24, 2017, 8:52:02 AM5/24/17
to Bitly API
Hey
I create my bit.ly links straight out of Word with VBA

            & CONST_BitlyLogin & "&apiKey=" & BitlyAPIKey & "&history=1&format=txt&longUrl=" _
            & em.UrlEncode(linkUrl)

it works fine but i want to use https
when i just add  's' above  i get an error, also when i remove version=..

so i read somewhere using https with acces-token can't i used it with login and apiKey??

Jehiah Czebotar

May 24, 2017, 8:55:46 AM5/24/17
to bitl...@googlegroups.com
You can find API documentation with details like this at https://dev.bitly.com/authentication.html

The proper SSL API domain api-ssl.bitly.com, and you'll note that some of your parameters are not valid. Also please note that apiKey authentication is deprecated, and while we don't have a date for when that will be shut off, you should switch to OAuth.

--
Jehiah

--
You are subscribed to the Bitly API discussion group.
for API Documentation visit http://dev.bitly.com/