Bitly API and Tags

Nitsan

Aug 14, 2015, 11:13:43 AM8/14/15
to Bitly API
Hello,

Lets say I create 4 links for some company I advertise and 4 more for another company.

first 4 links will be tagged as - company1
other 4 links will be tagged as company2

Can I use bitly api to recieve data regarding how many clicks were fired during a certain period for a certain tag/group?

The result I need is to display it in my client's billing panel. each click on their link needs to be charged.

Thanks for any tips.

Peter Herndon

Aug 14, 2015, 11:20:01 AM8/14/15
to Bitly API
Hi Nitsan,

We don't currently aggregate click counts based on tags, though that is an interesting feature idea. Currently you will need to use our /v3/link/clicks endpoint (documentation available here: http://dev.bitly.com/link_metrics.html#v3_link_clicks) to get a count of the clicks for each link in turn.

Regards,

---Peter

Peter Herndon
Sr. Application Engineer
@Bitly

Michiel Tol

Nov 8, 2016, 4:39:11 PM11/8/16
to Bitly API
+1

I would love to see /v3/user/clicks with tag filter