Multiple Branded Short Domains

Tim Brown

Feb 9, 2017, 10:21:11 AM2/9/17
to Bitly API
Hi,

I'm looking at using the "shorten" API to create bitlinks for two different brands from the one account. From what I've read this involves:
  1. Setting up the two Branded Short Domains.
  2. Calling the 'shorten' API with the optional 'domain' parameter set to get the correct bitlink for that domain.
Is this the way it's done?

I was wondering if the Branded Short Domain configuration might include a way to map the incoming longUrl pattern to the Branded Short Domain I want? This would avoid my API call from needing to know the Branded Short Domain.

Thanks,
Tim.

Peter Herndon

Feb 9, 2017, 10:25:57 AM2/9/17
to Bitly API
Hi Tim,

You can set a specific domain as your default domain for shortening in our web UI, at which point you do not need to specify a domain to shorten using that domain. However, there is no way to set a rule that maps an incoming longUrl to a given domain. Your API call will need to specify any domain other than your default.

Regards,

---Peter

Peter Herndon
Sr. Application Engineer