Mouse and keyboard loss in BitCurator VM

Caitlin Birch

Apr 8, 2021, 3:09:17 PM4/8/21
to BitCurator Users
Hi all,

I'm running BitCurator VM 2.2.8 and am routinely losing access to the mouse (and less often, the keyboard). I'm on the latest version of VirtualBox with the appropriate extension pack installed. When I first start the machine, everything is fine and I can see that the floppy disk I want to image is connected. Guymager doesn't recognize the disk, though, and rescanning seems to be what causes the mouse to freeze. This happens whether I begin Guymager with the disk connected or whether I connect it once Guymager is already open. Once the mouse freezes, I have to use keyboard input to quit the machine — the mouse doesn't ever return. It's admittedly been a while since I worked in BitCurator regularly but I've been a BC user for years and this problem is new to me. Has anyone else dealt with this or know what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Caitlin

Caitlin Birch, MA, MSLIS
Digital Collections and Oral History Archivist
Rauner Special Collections Library | Dartmouth College
6065 Webster Hall, Hanover, NH, 03755
603.646.9268 | caitli...@dartmouth.edu
Pronouns: she, her, hers