Changed permissions

Tammy Troup

Jan 25, 2022, 2:24:50 PM1/25/22
to BitCurator Users
Hi everyone,

I have a Windows 10 server that I am using to support an Ubuntu VM with the BitCurator Environment. Recently, after an update, I was running into problems working on files stored on the Windows 10 server. Unfortunately, I changed permissions from within the VM, and now I'm not able to change them back. When I look at permissions of directories in the /media/sf_[DIRECTORYNAME], they all have 999 as the permissions.

I cannot change this either within the VM or from the Windows host. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have any advice?

TT

Tammy Troup

Feb 25, 2022, 3:16:29 PM2/25/22
to BitCurator Users
Update: Even with a fresh install of VirtualBox and the Ubuntu/BitCurator Environment I did not have write or execute permissions to files on the server. This old Virtualbox forum discussion led me to read about the attrib command (attrib), so I held my breath and used the command that was shared in the forum post. I installed everything so it was fresh, and... it works!

TT