Seeking a Digital Curation Internship

Jeannette Lichtenwalner

Nov 17, 2021, 5:09:25 PM11/17/21
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

My name is Jeannette Lichtenwalner and I’m a Digital Curation student at Johns Hopkins University seeking an internship in digital preservation from the end of January through mid-May 2022.

After working for fifteen years at a small community archive I have experience with digitization, accessioning, cataloging, inventory, deaccessioning, physical collection care, exhibition development, exhibition installation/de-installation, responding to research inquiries, and working with interns and volunteers on ongoing projects.

I created their first digitization standards. With limited support and software options, I devised a workflow for digital and analog photographs that included using a semi-automated process to create derivatives with capabilities of embedding template-based metadata and also controlled vocabulary terms from established and home-grown nomenclatures.

Through the Johns Hopkins Digital Curation certificate program, I've had hands-on experience using BitCurator and many different collections Management systems. I’ve also analyzed digital preservation policies, conducted a data interview, explored elements of preserving digital art, and learned the value of a digital preservation inventory. Digital Preservation and Managing Digital Information in Museums and Archives have been my two favorite classes in the program. I'd love to continue managing and preserving digital information during this internship.

I'm interested in in-person internships in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. areas and remote internship options and look forward to a hands-on experience to build on what I’ve learned and done.

Best,
Jeannette Lichtenwalner

Jeannette Lichtenwalner | she/her/hers
M.A. Museum Studies and Digital Curation Graduate Certificate Program candidate
Johns Hopkins University
jlic...@jhu.edu