ANNOUNCEMENT: BitCurator Users Forum remote presentation, extended deadline

Laura Alagna

Apr 22, 2020, 2:57:21 PM4/22/20
to BitCurator Users

The BitCurator Consortium Program Committee is excited to announce that we are now accepting proposals for remote conference presentations, and that the submission deadline has been extended to May 8, 2020.

We think that providing the remote presentation option will increase participation and lead to a fuller, more engaging program. Perhaps most importantly, making participation in the Forum open to people with limited or no travel funds will increase equity. Unfortunately, we expect reduced travel budgets to be a reality for many potential participants this year, but it is always an issue for current students, new graduates, and those at smaller and/or under-resourced institutions. Planning for this from the outset will leave us prepared in the event that we have to shift the Forum to an entirely virtual format. As in previous years, presentations will be streamed online free of cost.

The Program Committee intends to share a decision about whether to proceed in-person or online no later than August 4th.

The BitCurator Users Forum is open to all. You do not need to be a BCC member or user to submit a proposal and/or attend the event.

For more information, including contingency plans in place to convert the Forum to an online event, please see the full Call for Proposals here: https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf20-cfp