Error while installing on Ubuntu 21.04

Kathryn Antonelli

Jul 26, 2021, 9:50:06 AMJul 26
to BitCurator Users
I'm attempting to install BitCurator 2.2.14 on a clean dedicated Ubuntu 21.04 machine. The process reaches a certain point and then doesn't go any further -- I've left it all day and it never moved past this step. Here's what it's stuck on:

Executing command 'apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 20F802FE798E6857
add-apt-repository "deb https://www.itforarchivists.com/ buster main" ' in directory '/tmp'

Can anyone help me resolve this?

I saw in a previous post that some users have had difficulty getting bulk_extractor to install on 20.04, so I was thinking it could be related to that. Or, maybe it's something to do with the new Siegfried repo. Either way, I'm now wondering if it's a good idea to just switch to 18.04 to save myself from potentially having more issues in the future...?

Kathryn Antonelli

Aug 9, 2021, 1:38:11 PMAug 9
to BitCurator Users
*Bump* has anyone else encountered this?