BitCurator Users Forum: Call for Proposals now available

Margo Padilla

Apr 26, 2021, 5:50:29 PM4/26/21
to BitCurator Users
The BCC Program Committee invites proposals for the 2021 BitCurator Users Forum, to be held virtually October 12-14, 2021. An international, community-led organization with 35 member institutions, the BCC promotes and supports the application of digital archives tools and practices in libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural heritage organizations.

The BitCurator Users Forum is open to all. You do not need to be a BCC member or user to submit a proposal and/or attend the event.

In previous years, the BitCurator Users Forum has focused on sharing strategies, approaches, and best practices for using digital archives tools and methods within processing workflows in archives, libraries, and museums. While we still encourage proposals in these topic areas, we also invite community members to explore themes that focus on areas such as starting from scratch, iteration and scalability, implementing “good enough” practices, issues pertaining to access and discovery, and hearing from intersecting perspectives and new voices. The Program Committee welcomes participation from organizations and individuals working outside of academic and special collections libraries, members from BIPOC communities, students, and new professionals.

The deadline to submit your proposals is May 28, 2021. The full Call for Proposals is available at: https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/forum/#cfp