Minimal distro

Jess Whyte

Feb 1, 2020, 2:44:03 PM2/1/20
to BitCurator Users
Hi,

Apologies if I missed a notice, but was the minimal-distro replaced by the tools-distro? Are there significant differences between the two?

For context, we use chef and our bitcurator cookbook is essentially our standard cookbook with some modifications that included pulling and installing the minimal-distro.

Thank you,

Jess

Kam Woods

Feb 2, 2020, 1:09:24 AM2/2/20
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
The current top-level BitCurator install script can be found at https://github.com/bitcurator/bitcurator-distro-installer. It supersedes the previously used full (bitcurator-distro-bootstrap) and minimal (bitcurator-distro-minimal) installers, both of which were deprecated in 2018. If you take a quick look at the current installer, you'll see that it is essentially just a thin bash wrapper around the complete automation tooling (using SaltStack) which lives at https://github.com/bitcurator/bitcurator-distro-salt.

I've added the last legacy version of the bitcurator-distro-minimal installer to the deprecated materials attic at https://github.com/BitCurator/bitcurator-distro-salt/blob/master/bitcurator/attic/bc-minimal.sh in case that's helpful in the short term.

Kam

Jess Whyte

Feb 3, 2020, 11:39:35 PM2/3/20
to BitCurator Users