Guymager can't "see" a floppy disk

Lara Friedman-Shedlov

Aug 8, 2022, 11:36:32 AM8/8/22
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

What does it mean if Guymager cannot seem to "see" a floppy disk that is connected to the machine? When I connect the disk and open Guymager in BitCurator Suite, I cannot find the floppy disk in order to image it.

I am pretty sure this disk was created on a Mac, so I also connected the floppy drive to a Mac and the disk showed up in the Finder.  According to "get info" there are 82 KB of data, but Finder did not show any files.  I also tried to look at this disk using FTK imager.  It was able to "see" that there was a disk in the drive, but couldn't detect any files.

I believe this disk is from about 1996, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance for any insights or assistance.

/ Lara

--
Lara D. Friedman-Shedlov    (she / they)  (hear my name)
Digital Records Archivist | Archives & Special Collections

I acknowledge that the University of Minnesota is located on the traditional, ancestral and contemporary lands of Indigenous people and was built with money from slaveholders