Born-digital access survey: Invitation to participate

koconn...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 10:17:20 AMMar 16
to BitCurator Users

Dear Colleagues,

 You are invited to participate in a survey on providing access to born-digital archival materials. Led by Northwestern University’s Born-Digital Access Task Force, the purpose of this survey is, broadly, to assess the breadth of current born-digital access policies across the special collections and archives field, and locally, to assess our own capabilities for providing access to researchers both on-site and remotely and to help guide our policy and procedural decisions.

This survey is intended to be completed by workers at organizations that collect born-digital (i.e., not digitized) archival materials, whether or not they currently provide access to them

Completing this survey should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Participants who enter their email address and agree to be contacted for follow up questions are eligible to win 1 of 5 drawings for a $50 gift card to Target.

The results of this survey will be used locally for internal policy and procedures and may also be used for future publications or presentations. Individual survey responses will remain confidential and we will anonymize any results or responses.

The survey can be accessed here: https://librarynorthwestern.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0BNqBtYPX8aJJw9. We will close the survey at midnight on Friday, April 9, 2021

If you have questions about the survey or use of results, please email specialco...@northwestern.edu

Thank you in advance for your participation,

Northwestern University Born-Digital Access Task Force

Catie Huggins
Dana Lamparello
Greg MacAyeal
Kelsey O’Connell