Proposal for Opalcoin Partnership

Whit Jack

Mar 1, 2015, 12:26:44 AM3/1/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Who: I am Whit Jack, lead developer of Opalcoin, Opalcoin is an x13 proof of stake currency that has been around since September 2014. We've been working on decentralized p2p file transfers, as well as implementing stealth addresses.

What: We're going to be the first altcoin to be integrating colored coins (open assets standard). Yes, I know technically every bitcoin fork is compatible with colored coins, but Opal is building the tools to do so easily. These tools include a GUI, which will be released very soon (most likely next week), business apis, an exchange, and more. Here's the great part:
a) All of these features are going to be completely open source. We believe in an open source environment, where projects can build upon each other.
b) You aren't restricted to using us, running the gui is a matter of running an opal wallet and typing "python manage.py runserver"
c) Even though these are being developed for Opal, they are bitcoin compatible too. This means even if you hate alt coins with all your guts, these tools are going to be usable with BTC too, from our api, to gui, to exchange.

Why: Colored Coins are amazing, but we don't think there are nearly enough open source easy solution to running a wallet, and using this platform. This is why we decided to take on this project.

When: This project is ongoing and our first release will be very soon

How: The GUI/backend is coded in python and uses django. We use the colorcore backend (don't worry, flavien said it's ok :P). You can see progress at http://github.com/whitj00/colorwallet

igra...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 6:42:58 PM3/28/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
As a OpalCoin asset holder and Coinprism user, I am elated about this project and hope to to see it in action soon.

Moran Shaked

Apr 6, 2015, 3:28:36 AM4/6/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Hey White Jack,

Sounds super interesting.
I'd be happy if you post it on Colored Coins new forum that we've generated just to the community
http://coloredcoins.org/forums/
Looking forward to see the first release.