Wallet scalability workaround

Flo Ryan

Oct 22, 2021, 6:11:28 PM10/22/21
to bitcoinj
Hi,

I've read in the limitations section on bitcoinj.org, that the wallet does not scale well with a high number of transaction. This is something I've personally seen with a wallet I created with several thousand of transactions.

My question:
What is the best way to deal with that?
Is there a way to somehow squash all transactions older than X into a single transaction to reduce the (memory) overhead?
Can I somehow "automatically" create a new wallet from the old wallet, without the transactions but transfering the balance (e.g. with a single transaction)?

Thanks a lot!