How connect to a pruned node??

Ahmad Vatani

Sep 5, 2021, 11:09:40 AM9/5/21
to bitcoinj
I had run my node with below configs:

bitcoind -testnet  -peerbloomfilters -datadir=.... -blocksdir=..... -prune=10240

but I can't connect to this node, WalletAppKit will be stuck on:

Not yet setting download peer because there is no clear candidate.

Andreas Schildbach

Sep 5, 2021, 11:26:05 AM9/5/21
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Currently bitcoinj requires a peer to advertise NODE_NETWORK in order
for it to be selected as a download peer. Pruned nodes don't do that.

We could probably improve this behaviour by only requiring
NODE_NETWORK_LIMITED if the last block is not older than 2 days.