Reading bisq.spvchain without wallet password

Scott Pullano

Jan 5, 2022, 9:48:16 PM1/5/22
to bitcoinj
Hey all!
I was looking to see if it was possible to read a bisq.spvchain file to understand the wallet balance without having the actual wallet or wallet password. Im trying to recover my old btc and I don't remember my password but do have the .spvchain file and wallet just no password. I would like to understand the balance before i put a'lot of effort in to figure out my password.

Thanks!
Scott

Andreas Schildbach

Jan 6, 2022, 7:33:55 AM1/6/22
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
".spvchain" files do not contain any information about wallets. In fact,
they only contain block headers of the last weeks worth of blocks.

You can read and write those files using the SPVBlockStore class.