bitcoinj 0.14.5

Andreas Schildbach

Aug 26, 2017, 7:35:33 AM8/26/17
to bitc...@googlegroups.com, bitcoinj...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce the release of bitcoinj 0.14.5, a maintenance
update to the Java implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.

Because there is now a longer blockchain than Bitcoin's (but with less
cumulative work) bitcoinj uses up some resources until it decides the
difficulty of that chain is broken and drops its peers. This update to
bitcoinj disconnects from incompatible peers much quicker.

For a thorough list of changes, have a look at the release notes [1] and
the git log [2].

As always, the v0.14.5 release tag is signed with my's GPG key [3]. The
pre-built jars can be fetched from Maven central and JCenter [4]. Those
artifacts are signed with my key as well.

[1] https://bitcoinj.github.io/release-notes#version-0145
[2] https://github.com/bitcoinj/bitcoinj/commits/release-0.14
[3] https://bitcoin.org/andreas_schildbach.asc
[4] https://bitcoinj.github.io/using-maven