bitcoinj 0.12.2

Andreas Schildbach

Nov 17, 2014, 8:33:32 AM11/17/14
to bitc...@googlegroups.com, bitcoinj...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce the release of bitcoinj 0.12.2, a maintenance
update to the Java implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.

This quick release is mostly reasoned by fixes to wallet/keychain
locking which frequently caused deadlocks.

Also notable: The wallet-template build is unbroken again.

In some cases, advancing the current address wasn't persisted, resulting
in re-use of addresses.

Better support for OP_RETURN: Anti-dust rules do not apply, and we now
can build these scripts using ScriptBuilder.

Many small-ish bugs were fixed. For a thorough list of changes, have a
look at the git log [1].

The v0.12.2 release tag is signed with my's GPG key [2]. The git hash
of the release is e6372c5d7da699ebdcc7253223a096bafb483368. The
pre-built jars can be fetched from Maven central [3]. Those artifacts
are signed with my key as well.

[1] https://github.com/bitcoinj/bitcoinj/commits/release-0.12
[2] https://bitcoin.org/andreas_schildbach.asc
[3] https://bitcoinj.github.io/using-maven