Public disclosure of 10 vulnerabilities affecting Bitcoin Core < 0.21.0

Antoine Poinsot

12:36 PM (10 hours ago) 12:36 PM
to Bitcoin Development Mailing List
Hi everyone,

Today we are releasing 10 security advisories for the Bitcoin Core project. Those bugs affect versions of Bitcoin Core before (and not including) 0.21.0.

This is part of the gradual adoption by the project of a new vulnerability disclosure policy.

The policy and the 10 security advisories can be found on the project's website at https://bitcoincore.org/en/security-advisories .

We will follow up later in july to publicly disclose vulnerabilities fixed in version 22.0. And then in august to disclose those fixed in version 23.0, and so on until we run out of old unmaintained versions to disclose vulnerabilities for. The announced policy will then start to be observed for new versions.

Antoine Poinsot