Instructions to install and run BitcoinXT using tarball

GoodSystems

Sep 15, 2016, 6:26:03 AM9/15/16
to bitcoin-xt
Hi

BitcoinXT page is great, but I miss one fundamental information, which in my eyes every software vendor should provide just beside download link.

What to do with the downloaded tarball?
There is no readme, no install script, no make file, no instructions anywhere.
When I come to bitcoinxt site as a bitcoin newbie, it is pretty hard to figure out what to do.

Please can anyone provide that information?

Regards,
Mirek

Tom Harding

Sep 15, 2016, 12:14:09 PM9/15/16
to bitco...@googlegroups.com

Mirek,

There is an INSTALL file which directs you to "doc/build-*.md"

In fact a better place to start it the doc README, which has links to platform-specific notes.

This setup was inherited from Core, improvements are welcome.