Memory usage

Troels Arvin

Jan 12, 2016, 12:31:35 PM1/12/16
to bitcoin-xt
Hello,

I'm using the Bitcoin packages at https://www.ringingliberty.com/bitcoin/

Early Sunday morning, I moved from the "regular" Bitcoin to Bitcoin XT (0.11D). Since then, the bitcoind process has started to use quite a bit of memory:
http://troels.arvin.dk/btc/xt/20160112/bitcoinxt-bitcoind-mem-longterm.png

Zooming in: I restarted the bitcoin server service Monday morning, and memory usage has been rising since then:
http://troels.arvin.dk/btc/xt/20160112/bitcoinxt-bitcoind-mem-rising.png

Is this expected? - Or does it hint at a memory leak?

My  installation has one non-default adjustment:
maxconnections=40

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin

Peter Tschipper

Jan 12, 2016, 1:13:54 PM1/12/16
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
the maxmempooltx default is 25000 which is pretty high right now due to the very large spam transactions going around the network.  Try a setting of maxmempooltx=10000 or 15000

Jonathan Toomim

Jan 12, 2016, 1:16:08 PM1/12/16
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
Are you mining?

Have you made any changes to minrelaytxfee? A setting of 0.0005 is reasonable for that.

Check bitcoin-cli getmempoolinfo to see how many transactions you have in your memory pool, and to see what the serialized size of those transactions is.

signature.asc

Troels Arvin

Jan 12, 2016, 2:12:49 PM1/12/16
to bitcoin-xt
No, I'm not mining. Only trying to experience what it means to run a full node.

I'll try out Peters configuration suggestion and keep an eye on getmempoolinfo. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin