Bitcoin XT release 0.11E tagged

Tom Harding

Feb 12, 2016, 9:26:08 PM2/12/16
to bitcoin-xt

Bitcoin XT Release 0.11.0E has been tagged.  Binaries are not yet available.

This release includes a bunch of work that was done before Mike Hearn moved on.  In particular, Dagur Johannsson has finished the block download acceleration that Mike started.
  • Thin blocks fast block downloading, enabled by default
  • Supports and votes for 2MB hard fork (identical to Classic).  BIP101 reverted.
  • Switch to secp256k1 custom bitcoin ECC library
  • Random mempool eviction reverted, low-fee txes evicted when mempool full
  • Mempool expiration at 72 hours (identical to Core)
  • Configurable user-agent comment
  • Display coinjoins better in GUI wallet
  • LevelDB anti-corruption fix (Windows platforms)
  • Gracefully handle migration from obfuscated (Core v0.12) chainstate
Thin blocks is simply block download acceleration.  It works without requiring changes to your peers' software.  You will become a source of faster blocks and contribute to faster confirmation times for the bitcoin network, so keep an eye on your upload bandwith usage.

Any future that Bitcoin XT has beyond this release depends totally on your interest and contributions.

Tom Harding

Feb 22, 2016, 1:35:19 PM2/22/16
to bitcoin-xt

Binaries are now available for Linux, Windows, and Mac.  Dagur is hosting a secure Debian apt repository, and 5an1ty built a docker image.  Details on those two options are here.

Bitcoin XT release E is currently the fastest way to download validated blocks from the P2P network.  My parallel test showed it to be right around twice as fast to download a new block, figure 2 to 6 seconds faster.  It also validates much faster than pre-0.12 versions of core, thanks to secp256k1.

Also, non-features:
  • No RBF
  • No pegging minimum relay fee to "pay for" past evictions

Eivind Berge

Feb 22, 2016, 4:58:31 PM2/22/16
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
It works great except some of my addresses show up as "n/a" in the recent transactions list. Why can't it display all my addresses like the old versions did?

Eivind Berge

Feb 23, 2016, 3:14:26 AM2/23/16
to bitco...@googlegroups.com
Only vanity addresses are affected, or any address imported to my wallet by private key. These addresses don't show up in the transaction details or list of transactions (it just says "n/a"). They are available in coin control, however. This is a strange problem that only the latest version of XT has, in my experience.