[ANN] Bitcoin Manchester May 2016: Privacy Technologies in Cryptocurrencies

Ash Moran

Apr 25, 2016, 5:07:19 AM4/25/16
to Bitcoin Manchester, GeekUp, FSFE Manchester
Hi all

The next Bitcoin Manchester is confirmed. It will be Tuesday 3rd May, 7-9pm at the Manchester Digital Laboratory (MadLab).

# Talks on privacy technologies

Summary: Max will describe Confidential Transactions, a new more private type of transaction for Bitcoin. Max will describe how this works, what benefits it has for privacy, and what trade-offs it makes in terms of transaction size and performance. Ash will describe CoinJoin, a more basic form of privacy (but already actively in use) that combines transactions from multiple users to make tracing the flow of money harder. Ash will look at two implementations of CoinJoin: JoinMarket for Bitcoin and DarkSend (to be rebranded PrivacyProtect) for Dash.

Full description on our (new!) website: http://www.bitcoinmanchester.org.uk/meetings/bitcoinmanchester-22

Free ticket/signup (optional): http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Manchester/events/230628219/

## Food / drink

As always we’ll have free pizza (paid for by bitcoin via Takeaway.com) during the event, and afterwards we’ll head over to Common bar.

See you there!
Ash + Max

--
Bitcoin Manchester