FOMO Bitcoin Cash

Holden Macbeth

Aug 18, 2017, 5:49:11 PM8/18/17
to bitcoin-manchester

If like me you sold at 500$ or less FOMO is beginning to take hold. At 300$ you thought ‘OK’ long term Bitcoin Cash has nowhere to go so it’s time to sell, after all it’s free money….but now the doubts are setting in. (740$ !!)

Maybe short term to medium term there will be a concerted effort to usurp Bitcoin’s position as the top cryptocurrency with the likes of Goldman Sachs who have been very vocal recently about Bitcoin as a rising asset class. My conspiracy head has just revealed that this is a double bluff and that the establishment finance will be investing heavily in Bitcoin Cash for a ‘pump n dump’. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.

If you still own Bitcoin Cash sell half now and the rest when it gets to 2000$

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh FOMO !!

MaxSan

Aug 20, 2017, 10:59:11 AM8/20/17
to bitcoin-m...@googlegroups.com
Back in the days, when bitcoin consisted of people who knew the value of bitcoin was not about the value but about freedom of finances and a truly free money. Having a miner orientated coin whereby the they making the rules (specifically one miner with an unfair technical advantage) is the opposite of this. China has a notorious reputation for financial freedoms and with bitmain being consisted of non disclosure of who their investors are that is a massive red flag. Take your paycheck at whatever level you feel Its comfortable with and dont look back. The only way to win at their game is not to play.

Ash Moran

Aug 22, 2017, 6:37:24 AM8/22/17
to Bitcoin Manchester
I wonder if this is a limitation of PoW blockchains, control centralises over time to the people who can afford the ASIC design and production facilities. It may be better in one situation than another but it seems to always lead in that direction.

Dash has proposed collateralised mining to reduce centralisation as it will be necessary to have access to both mining equipment and DASH to mine. I think this may help with one problem (miners don’t need to hold a stake in the currency they are mining, and so they are not necessarily invested long term), but it’s at best a partial solution to centralisation.

Iota goes about this a completely different way. However, I only read the introduction to the white paper before I realised I don’t know anything like enough maths to evaluate it, so I’ll have to wait for Iota for Dummies before I can form an opinion about it.