Using This List For Bitcoin.org Discussion

David A. Harding

Feb 11, 2015, 3:14:32 PM2/11/15
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We started this list to coordinate work on the Bitcoin.org Developer
Documentation, but I'd like to begin using it for general coordination
of activity focused on Bitcoin.org. Here are my reasons:

* Saīvann previously pretty much managed Bitcoin.org on his own, but
he's announced that he's slowing down his involvement with the site.
As I already have commit access, I'm temporarily taking responsibility
for some things, but I'd also like to have an open forum like this
list to allow and encourage discussion between volunteers with ideas
for the future of Bitcoin.org---the kind of stuff that's still too
incomplete to open an issue or pull request about.

* Except for maybe the Downloads page, Bitcoin.org is pretty much all
Bitcoin documentation, and the name of this list *is*
bitcoin-documentation.

* This list has always been low traffic, so it can probably reasonably
support some more traffic without becoming overwhelming.

If anyone objects to this plan, please reply. Otherwise, in a few days,
I'll submit a pull request to the Bitcoin.org repository editing the
README.md and possibly the About Us page to direct potential
contributors to this mailing list.

Thanks,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding

Saïvann Carignan

Feb 15, 2015, 12:53:00 AM2/15/15
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
As far as I'm concerned, I think this makes sense!

Saïvann