I want to make an image

Greg Sanders

Apr 1, 2014, 8:43:50 AM4/1/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
What software should I use to cohere with the currently included images?

David A. Harding

Apr 1, 2014, 8:54:49 AM4/1/14
On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 05:43:50AM -0700, Greg Sanders wrote:
> What software should I use to cohere with the currently included images?

I used Graphviz[1] which includes several tools. All of the images I've
uploaded so far used dot, but one of the images for my next section uses
circo; there's also neato, which I use from time to time.

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/ (Included in almost every Linux distro)

You can look at the .dot examples in the img/dev directory that Saïvann
uploaded, which also has a README. However, learning dot might not be
worth your time. Instead, you can use Inkscape[2] and draw nodes and
boxes manually, connecting them with the "diagram connectors" tool.

[2] http://www.inkscape.org/en/ (Also in almost every Linux distro)

Whatever you use, the best output file format is SVG.

Let me know if you have any questions about either tool,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding