Hello World :)

xbt wire

Apr 18, 2014, 4:45:28 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just putting out a Hello World post and introducing myself to everyone here !
Am excited about contributing to this documentation activity and look forward to learning about bitcoin together with the team.

Whats the next step for you guys and where can i help :)

Saïvann Carignan

Apr 18, 2014, 6:37:24 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for joining us :)

We now have a TODO list for v0.1, including some wishlist items that you can pick:

More reviews for existing content is welcome, we'd like it to be as accurate as possible before submitting this for final review. Perhaps especially the latest parts of the guide since they have not been reviewed as much as the first subsections. If you think some content is confusing or could be written in a better way, you can submit a pull request for review.

Feel free also to share ideas and arguments about what should be the final layout / structure for this, see this thread:

If you need some help with GitHub, please let us know here. I'm sure everyone will be happy to share some tips.

Saïvann

Saïvann Carignan

Apr 18, 2014, 6:45:06 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
( David, Greg, Chris, please comment if you think I forget something important :) )

xbt wire

Apr 18, 2014, 7:06:47 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the welcome Saivann !
will go through the links below for the wishlist and review items and pickup some of these soon.

regarding git, i have forked my own repository at https://github.com/shikamarunara/bitcoin.org
looking at the pull request review links you`ve sent in the below email, i guess the first set of merges happen to saivann/dev and then onto the master branch at bitcoin/bitcoin.org ?
i`m still a bit unclear on how to create Pull Requests i.e. should I create them on bitcoin/bitcoin.org  or saivann/dev ?

David A. Harding

Apr 18, 2014, 8:02:41 PM4/18/14
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 04:06:47PM -0700, xbt wire wrote:
> regarding git, i have forked my own repository at
> https://github.com/shikamarunara/bitcoin.org looking at the pull
> request review links you`ve sent in the below email, i guess the first
> set of merges happen to saivann/dev and then onto the master branch at
> bitcoin/bitcoin.org ?

That's correct: create your pull requests against on saivann/dev. When
we have everything ready to go for the guide, Saīvann will send a pull
request to bitcoin/bitcoin.org.

Welcome to the project!,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding

Saïvann Carignan

Apr 18, 2014, 8:42:25 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

To make it easier for you to contribute, I recommend you click on your
current fork settings, delete your current fork and re-fork my personal
repository instead of the main bitcoin.org repository:
https://github.com/saivann/bitcoin.org

(We are indeed working on this separate repository instead of the main
repository so we don't spam core developers with this project until it's
good enough to be submitted).

Once you have your own repository (your fork) on
shikamarunara/bitcoin.org, you can make new branches (based on the dev
branch), and then submit pull requests to saivann/dev .

You can refer to these instructions to use git or if you want to preview
your changes locally:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org#how-to-participate

Except that you should use my personal repository when setting up git.
(git remote add upstream https://github.com/saivann/bitcoin.org.git)

And thereafter, you can work from the dev branch instead of the master
branch (just replace "master" by "dev" everywhere).

Saïvann

Saïvann Carignan

Apr 18, 2014, 10:09:15 PM4/18/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
BTW in case you didn't notice, there's already some suggestions for you here in case you want to answer directly:

I forgot to mention you that you can click the Watch button to be notified of all pull requests and issues on the repository, and comment if you see anything wrong or suggestions for improvements:

Cheers,

Saïvann