Doc Changes For Bitcoin Core 0.10

David A. Harding

Oct 26, 2014, 9:25:32 AM10/26/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

The developers have begun discussing which features will be included in
Bitcoin Core 0.10. This will be a major update and, for once, I'm trying
to make sure I document the changes before the release.

To that end, I've created a todo list for what needs to be documented.
If you hear of some important change that will be made in 0.10, please
add it to the todo list so I can write it up:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org/wiki/Documentation-TODO#changes-for-bitcoin-core-010

Thanks,

-Dave
--
David A. Harding

Saïvann Carignan

Oct 27, 2014, 8:57:16 PM10/27/14
to bitcoin-do...@googlegroups.com
May I add that your work on tracking this is highly appreciated!

This is probably not worth tracking here, but I should open a PR to
update disclaimers on the download and wallet page when it comes faster
synchronization time, I already have a branch for this.

Saïvann

David A. Harding

Oct 27, 2014, 9:30:32 PM10/27/14
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 08:57:11PM -0400, Saīvann Carignan wrote:
> May I add that your work on tracking this is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

> This is probably not worth tracking here, but I should open a PR to
> update disclaimers on the download and wallet page when it comes faster
> synchronization time, I already have a branch for this.

Cool. It'll be nice when we no longer have to recommend that people use
the bittorrent bootstrap to start using Bitcoin Core within a reasonable
amount of time. I always hated that complication, although I'm thankful
Jeff kept taking the time to update the bootstrap.dat for the occassions
where I wanted to fresh start a node.