Is there a way to keep your bitcoins safe?

Fin Gold

Feb 26, 2014, 9:36:23 PM2/26/14
to bitcoin-d...@googlegroups.com
If you own a couple of Bitcoins, then the most important thing is to know how to keep them safe. I've been looking into what the best ways to store Bitcoins. So far A best practice is to keep the majority of your bitcoins in the offline wallet. Another strategy for storing and using Bitcoins securely is “Don’t keep all of your eggs in the same basket”. Use different approaches for short-term and long-term storage.

Some companies are even offering offline “cold storage” services, which also keeps the secret key in a physical location like a safe. Not everyone is showing such confidence in bitcoin or bitcoin wallets. To be honest, when it comes to Bitcoins, nobody knows what the future will bring. Cybercriminals are highly interested into stealing your hard earned crypto-currencies, we’re likely to see more attacks in the future.