BITCOIN AND WEALTH FLOWS

Denis Atem

Jan 29, 2014, 3:04:52 AM1/29/14
to bitcoin-d...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Greetings.
I am completely new and know very little about bitcoin as a currency. However, the idea of bitcoin reminded me of another idea I have always had: the idea of anybody being able to transfer very small amounts of money to anywhere in the world. Imagine what could happen if a person were able to transfer as little as 1 or 2 dollars to any other person or organisation in the world. Then the UN, AU, all international organisations and crisis situations could generate all the money they need merely  through very little individual donations. Is there this kind of potential in the bitcoin concept? If that possibility existed, then all it would take is to sell the idea to international organisations and especially the poor countries. In order for individuals to acquire the bitcoins they could send around the world to help, one possibility could be that a small fraction of individual banks accounts could exist in bitcoins; international organisations that depend on donations would be required to have bitcoin accounts and therefore to accept bitcoins as a medium of transaction. You can begin to see how using the bitcoin concept, the whole world could change! Those who genuinely want to help but cannot go through the financial institutions because of cost or other restrictions would be liberated. Any individual in a desperate situation could cry out to the world and anyone could send them 1 or 2 dollars for help. This would be a wonderful way of changing wealth flows in the world.

I have not given complete thought to the whole phenomenon. I just wanted to put this out for discussion so that we can, together, explore the prospects of using bitcoins in this way.
Thank you.

Bruce Wagner

Jan 29, 2014, 3:12:46 AM1/29/14
to bitcoin-d...@googlegroups.com

Yes.   This is EXACTLY one of the most important benefits of Bitcoin.

In fact, you can send $0.01 or $0.00001 or $1 or $10 or $100 or $1,000,000 just as easily..... with one click..... no fees.... no banks.... worldwide.