How to make temu compatible to the subsequent version of Ubuntu9.04

杜远之

Jun 23, 2015, 3:15:38 AM6/23/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com
I'm a newbie.
I can't understand the meaning of following words form Manuual

Most of this information (all, for some 2.4 kernels) can be collected automatically using a kernel module whose source is found in the shared/kernelinfo directory. There are several sample variants for different distribution versions; procinfo-ubuntu-hardy, which was originally created for Ubuntu 8.04 and also works for 9.04, would be a good starting point for modern 2.6-based systems. Copy the module source to your guest VM, and compile it there (you should have the kernel header files matching the running kernel installed). Then, load the module using the insmod command, and look for its output in the kernel’s logs (e.g., /var/log/kern.log) or the kernel log ring buffer (displayed by the dmesg command). Then copy these entries to shared/read_linux.c and recompile TEMU. For 2.6 kernels, we haven’t been able to find an appropriate hooking function that is exported to modules, so you’ll need to find the address of a function that is called after a new process is created using the kernel’s symbol table (usually kept in a file like /boot/System.map-2.6.28-15-generic), and add it as the second value in the information structure by hand. For recent kernels, we’ve found the function flush_signal_handlers works well.

It's grateful that anybody can translate it into commands.

Thank you