Wondering how TEMU detects taint propagation

Chandler Chan

Sep 13, 2014, 3:43:31 AM9/13/14
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I'm wondering how TEMU detects taint propagation.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I tainted a file data.txt in the second disk and opened it with notepad.exe. In this case, I was tracing notepad.exe and the trace file was successfully generated with tainted data.

However, when I tried to perform similar task using a C program with functions fopen/fread/fwrite, taint propagation did not occur.

I traced the C program, and I got an empty file in this case.

Here are some examples of my C program

http://codepad.org/tA73QUZO

http://codepad.org/uAFdhybN

Could anyone help me with the problem? Thanks!

 -- Chandler

dennis ulysses

Mar 20, 2015, 9:47:31 AM3/20/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com
I met the same issue, do you know the root cause now? Great thanks!

在 2014年9月13日星期六 UTC+8下午3:43:31,Chandler Chan写道: