load_plugin tracecap.so in 64-bits computer with ubuntu12.04

杜远之

Jun 15, 2015, 12:56:12 PM6/15/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com
and after I run the VM , I input the command load_plugin  ../tracecap.so
it warns like this:
.../tracecap.so:wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS2

Stephen McCamant

Jun 15, 2015, 1:16:28 PM6/15/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com

WZ> I install temu1.0 according
WZ> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bitblaze-users/QdoY9l8D-ho
WZ> and after I run the VM , I input the command load_plugin ../tracecap.so
WZ> it warns like this:
WZ> .../tracecap.so:wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS[3]2

This error message indicates that the ".../tracecap.so" file is a
32-bit shared object, whereas if you have built a 64-bit version of
TEMU, you need to have a 64-bit version of Tracecap to go with it. In
particular it won't work to use the version of tracecap.so that was
distributed in binary-only format with TEMU 1.0, since that was a
32-bit binary. You should double check that the build process is
rebuilding the Tracecap plugin, and that the newly built version is
the one you're passing to load_plugin.

You can double check whether any particular .so file is 32-bit or
64-bit using the "file" command: you should see its output containing
either "ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386" or "ELF 64-bit LSB
shared object, x86-64".

If the build process worked correctly, it should produce tracecap.so
in the "tracecap" directory of the TEMU source. If that file was
created correctly and is 64-bit, you should be able to resolve the
error by giving the path to that file as the argument to load_plugin.
If the build process didn't produce that file, that's a sign that
something else went wrong and you should look for other error
messages.

Hope this helps,

-- Stephen

Message has been deleted

Stephen McCamant

Jun 17, 2015, 5:42:45 PM6/17/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com

WZ> I install temu1.0 according
WZ> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bitblaze-users/QdoY9l8D-ho
WZ> and after I run the VM , I input the command load_plugin
WZ> ../tracecap.so
WZ> it warns like this:
WZ> .../tracecap.so:wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS[3]2

WZ> It's 32-bit LSB shre object, I have try times to reinstall the
WZ> temu according to your TEMU/Tracecap, 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 build
WZ> walk-through.So ,What's wrong with it?

I think you'll need to supply more specific information about what
commands you've been running for anyone else to be able to help you
more. My suspicion is that you are having at least one of the
following kinds of problems:

1. You are not giving the correct path to the tracecap plugin as the
argument to the TEMU load_plugin command. Your examples have used
".." and "...", but it's not clear whether this is ".." as the Unix
parent directory, or "..." leaving out parts of the path that are
not relevant to the example. I think usually the tracecap.so file
is generated inside the "tracecap" directory, so it's unlikely that
the correct path to it would end with "../tracecap.so" unless
you're running TEMU from a subdirectory of the tracecap directory.

2. Your attempts to build a 64-bit Tracecap plugin according to the
walk-through are not succeeding. One or more of the steps is not
working correctly, perhaps because of a mistake or unclear point in
the instructions, or because something about your system is
different. The build process usually prints some kind of error
message when something goes wrong, which we might be able to help
you interpret. If you're not able to tell which messages are error
messages, you might consider sending a complete log of the commands
and results of your build process (created say with the "script"
command).

杜远之

Jun 17, 2015, 11:39:49 PM6/17/15
to bitblaz...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. It's Ok now, I'm so careless that I loose a dot at some command

在 2015年6月16日星期二 UTC+8上午12:56:12,杜远之写道: