FW: VSAM ANALUZE

Max Deetjen

Aug 18, 2021, 1:25:21 PM8/18/21
Just for you Rich, I changed it. Outlook is so smart these days. It knows the difference between loser and lizer.

Max

From: "Max Deetjen" <mdee...@wpas-inc.com>
To: "VSE Discussion List" <vs...@lists.lehigh.edu>
Subject: VSAM ANALUZER

Wondering if anyone has seen this problem. So the tool does the listcat. But the LISTCAT analyzer does not work.

K and M

Aug 18, 2021, 1:41:00 PM8/18/21
I purposely replied to you using plain text only, so you could get the
reply without it getting flagged. ;)

Way back when, Wayne asked everyone to send to this news group using only
plain text (no HTML in mail), but very few seem to honor that request anymore.
Most attachments go through fine without being flagged, but things included
in the mail body, especially with a link, quite often can be flagged.

In the past, I have had to rename zip type attachments to .txt, with a note to the
receiver to rename to .zip once downloaded. Too many email services now just remove
any mail flagged as SPAM, with no indication to the sender the receiver will never
see the sent mail. It can be as bad as someone who sends a text to a landline or
VOIP. Neither end will have any clue of the outcome.

Ken

snip..

Duerbusch, Tom

Aug 18, 2021, 4:33:46 PM8/18/21
Just a guess:

As the product is running on a PC, I would assume that it is trying to connect, via IP to its server running on z/VSE.
Sooo...start the server on z/VSE?

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
City of St. Louis

Duerbusch, Tom

Aug 19, 2021, 4:36:40 PM8/19/21
Does Macro/4 use IBM's VCS?  Or does it have its own server?
I don't know as I don't have the product.

If it uses VCS, then, as the error message says (invalid address or port), then you are trying to connect to the wrong IP address, or to the wrong
port, or you are being blocked.

Obviously, you're waiting for a call back from Macro/4, but those are the common problems.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting
City of St. Louis

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 3:50 PM Max Deetjen <mdee...@wpas-inc.com> wrote:

Tom

The issue is not VCS, it is  started and I’m able to get the LISTCAT from VSE. It’s the Analyzer tool, I click and nothing happens.

Max

EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside of WPAS, Inc. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Just a guess:

Duerbusch, Tom

Aug 19, 2021, 9:17:02 PM8/19/21
I wonder where I got Macro/4 from<g>.

Do you have the current VCS server?

I just downloaded it and the Java connector on 6.2.

I did get the "invalid address or port"
And then "Logon denied due to invalid password"

Tom Duerbusch

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021, 3:49 PM Max Deetjen <mdee...@wpas-inc.com> wrote:

This is not a macro4 product. This is the downloadable application from IBM :multi Instant logic Analyzer VSAM and yes it uses connector client. Getting the LISTCAT form VSE is working fine. The analysis tool is failing.

K and M

Aug 20, 2021, 4:42:24 PM8/20/21
Usually the response for any problem between the beans and the PC application is check the Java release.
You could run an IP trace to see if anything is being transferred between the PC and mainframe.

Ken

Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 at 3:03 PM
From: "Duerbusch, Tom" <duerb...@stlouis-mo.gov>
To: "VSE Discussion List" <vs...@lists.lehigh.edu>

I got the security violations fixed.
Now, like you, when I click on Analyze, I get a very quick "working" popup
and then nothing.  Also, nothing on the VSE console.

There is suppose to be a log file generated, but I can't seem to find it.