Your cooperation is highly appreciated / 15th European GSE/IBM Technical University for z/VSE, z/VM, KVM and Linux on IBM Z

Gonzalo Muelas Serrano via VSE-L

Aug 5, 2021, 8:21:31 AM8/5/21

On behalf of the GSE z/VSE and Linux & Virtualization on IBM Z Working Groups Chairmen:

Dear GSE and z/VSE fans,

We have recently announce our next in-person conference „15th European GSE/IBM Technical University for z/VSE, z/VM, KVM and Linux on IBM Z“, which will take place from 25 - 27 October 2021 at The Westin hotel in Leipzig, Germany.

Here you can have a look at the agenda

Our goal at this conference is to offer you high-quality content, insightful information from IBM and industry peers as well as valuable networking opportunities all in a safe environment.

If interested and planning to come, please let us know (reply to this email, but it won’t count as a reservation unless you enroll officially) and in order to ensure planning reliability and to make final decisions we kindly ask to enroll as soon as possible.

If you do not intend to participate
we would appreciate a short reply to this e-mail, and if possible also a short feedback about the reason for your decision (e.g. no interest in the topics, travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, etc.).

Your cooperation is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Looking forward to your registration / feedback!

Lothar Stein

Edgar Sontowski

GSE Chairman German Region

GSE Chairman German Region

z/VSE Working Group

z/VM, KVM and Linux on IBM Z Working Group

Kind Regards,

Gonzalo Muelas Serrano.

Mick Poil

Aug 5, 2021, 10:12:17 AM8/5/21
Even if IBM allowed me to travel because I was presenting (which I am not), I am getting to the age where I am no longer sure that I want to any more. Online would work for me.

Mike

Fritz, David J

Aug 5, 2021, 10:29:16 AM8/5/21

I’m sure everyone appreciates “remote” these days.

Please keep in mind the notice went world-wide but the subject is the European session.

Probably not typically addressed to or expecting non-European audience.

van Sleeuwen, Berry via VSE-L

Aug 5, 2021, 6:38:06 PM8/5/21

Max,

As in the agenda, most of it is in English. A few sessions are in German but those are also in English in separate sessions. Looks like only the z/VSE hint and tips is in German only.

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Berry van Sleeuwen
Flight Forum 3000 5657 EW Eindhoven

Aug 6, 2021, 8:23:17 AM8/6/21
Michael,
thank you for your answer!
We still believe there might be people interested to attend an on site event (better interaction) in Europe, and that is why we are organizing it. And at the same time we value your feedback.

For a virtual event from not too long ago, I would recommend you to check on the VM Workshop:

http://www.vmworkshop.org/2021.shtml

The presentation materials are available for viewing in the 2021 Presentation Archives.

The 2021 and 2020 session recordings can be seen on the VM Workshop YouTube Channel.

Un cordial saludo / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
Gonzalo Muelas Serrano

El 05.08.2021, a las 15:35, mfar...@tampabay.rr.com escribió:

No I won’t attend because it’s ridiculous to travel to Europe. It would make sense for those of us that can’t make it to have a virtual hookup to the VSE discussion. We’re in the millennial you know.

Michael Farmer

<image001.jpg>

6th DAN

Lakeland Song Moo Kwan Taekwondo

Mulberry Florida 33860

863-943-5557

mfar...@tampabay.rr.com

Affiliations

<image002.png>

<image003.jpg>

<image004.jpg>

On behalf of the GSE z/VSE and Linux & Virtualization on IBM Z Working Groups Chairmen:

Gonzalo Muelas Serrano via VSE-L

Aug 6, 2021, 8:24:42 AM8/6/21
Thank you Mike P.! So far we have no plans to do something online.

Un cordial saludo / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
Gonzalo Muelas Serrano

> El 05.08.2021, a las 16:11, Mick Poil <michael...@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> Even if IBM allowed me to travel because I was presenting (which I am not), I am getting to the age where I am no longer sure that I want to any more. Online would work for me.
>
> Mike

Gonzalo Muelas Serrano via VSE-L

Aug 6, 2021, 8:29:45 AM8/6/21
Hello David,
thank you for your feedback! Actually with European is meant International (although the location remains in Germany, Europe and we had some years people coming outside from Europe.
I will pass your feedback to the committee to change it in future to International to be more inclusive.

There has been quite a few (if not enough ;)) remote events and we hope we can do something onsite to foster better interaction.

Gonzalo Muelas Serrano via VSE-L

Aug 6, 2021, 11:47:48 AM8/6/21
Hello Max,
cool, looking forward to meeting you if your boss “allows” it.

Un cordial saludo / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
Gonzalo Muelas Serrano

I have asked my boss to foot the bill for this conference. Would love to come.