PLF, SPRI, DOCS news

Eric Menzel

Aug 10, 2021, 12:18:46 PM8/10/21
We wanted to let the VSE-L community know that CSI has acquired the mainframe software portfolio from Software Pursuits.  Going forward CSI is committed to providing full support for your PLF, SPRI, and DOCS licenses.   So if you have any questions, support needs, suggestions, and licensing needs, please direct them to your trusted CSI support rep and we will be happy to help!  At CSI we are fully committed to the support and improvement of z/VSE and the community long into the future.

You can learn more from our press release here:

Best regards,
Eric Menzel
Executive Director of Development
Connectivity Systems Inc. (www.csi-international.com)

Billy Bingham

Aug 10, 2021, 2:00:54 PM8/10/21

Far out!

I used MVT/VSE, SPRI & PLF extensively in the 80s and 90s.Eventually migrated one shop from MVT/VSE & SPRI to VSE/SP & POWER, but kept PLF. I always thought PLF was an exceptional product. Really liked it.

BTW: The first iteration of SPRI was named SAGE. Software Pursuits enhanced MVT/VSE in the 80s and also announced SPRI.

I didn't know Software Pursuits was still around. I wonder how many users of the mainframe products there are. Larry Salveson modified DOS with multiple 'regions' and an enhanced Spooler while working for a bank ( I believe) in the San Francisco Bay Area . He went to his management to try to get them to market it and they declined, but said he could have the product. That's when he started SPI.

Billy