REXX question on checking a phase

Steve Weifenbach

Aug 9, 2021, 4:56:03 PM8/9/21

Hello all,

In REXX, I am doing an EXECIO on a phase to check the CICS eyecatcher, is there a way to trap the following messages when the phase does not exist?

ARX0563E Unable to open file PLIB.PROD.JUNK.PHASE.

ARX0565I LIBRM ERROR OPEN RC=(0008,0000) ARXIOLAR NO MATCH FOUND  JUNK

ARX0670E EXECIO error while trying to GET or PUT a record.

I have not found discussion in the manual, at least tied to the error messages.

Best regards,

Steve Weifenbach

Contractor, Mainframe Systems

steve.we...@hanescompanies.com

+1 336-747-1691

indust...@winwholesale.com

Aug 9, 2021, 5:40:40 PM8/9/21
"VSE-L" <vse-l-bounces+industrynews=winwhole...@lists.lehigh.edu> wrote on 08/09/2021 04:55:50 PM:
> In REXX, I am doing an EXECIO on a phase to check the CICS
> eyecatcher, is there a way to trap the following messages when the
> phase does not exist?

> ARX0563E Unable to open file PLIB.PROD.JUNK.PHASE.

> ARX0565I LIBRM ERROR OPEN RC=(0008,0000) ARXIOLAR NO MATCH FOUND  JUNK

> ARX0670E EXECIO error while trying to GET or PUT a record.

> I have not found discussion in the manual, at least tied to the
> error messages.

        I use the following in almost all of my REXX procedures.  Don't know if it will work in your case.

oldmsg = RexxMsg("OFF");         /* we'll get the messages ourself */
Call ASSGN 'STDOUT','SYSLST';

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.

Steve Weifenbach

Aug 10, 2021, 8:07:38 AM8/10/21

Thank you, Dave,

I should have searched for “rexx error messages” and then plain as day…