3590, densities, and DDRs

Michael

Aug 29, 2008, 3:30:27 PM8/29/08
I have a question concerning 3590 and densities.
We have a vendor who has a 3590 model H and they have created higher
density (cart media) backups for us.
We have 3590 model E.
We encounter errors when we try to read these carts on our drives.
We know they can read our lower density cart media.
We would like to verify our (negative) thoughts about whether there is
anyway the vendor can format/initialize the cart media using their
3590 model H to write out at the lower density that could be read by
our 3590 model E?

Much thanks for your thoughts!

Michael