Old Time Religion verses

Lance A. Brown

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Kit Christopher J Lueder <k...@mitre.org> writes:

> I think Lance had an archive of OTR verses. Do you still have it
> Lance?

See Lance.

See Lance slap his forehead AGAIN! Gawd. I knew I had it and just
forgot about it.

[ Lance finally gets back to this stuff and dredges up the current
location of the REAL OTR on the net. ]

You can now find an incredibly large collection of verse to 'Old Time
Religion' at

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Underground/3092/realotr.htm

--[Lance]

Franseth, Greg

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Just as an FYI to the List,

You can get the lyrics to "Old Time Religion" (traditional and, um,
revised(?)) and many other wonderful folk, folk-style, and folk-derived
songs in the collection "Rise Up Singing". It has words but no music
for hundreds of songs organized by topic. We love it.

Sorry to type and run,

--Greg

>----------

Sherna Comerford

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

>You can now find an incredibly large collection of verse to 'Old Time

The other day I was idly searching on my name, and I stumbled across a
site with a lovely collection of filk. Green Hills of Earth, and so forth.
I never did find where my own name was mentioned, but I've written a couple
of filk and verses to others, and the original NESFA Hymnal came in part
from my own collection. (I was an active fan in the '60s and '70s.)
It includes a good bunch of verses to OTR.

--
******** Sherna Comerford ***********************************
******** she...@capaccess.org *** VISIT THE NATURE CENTER ***

Jeff Briere

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Great! Wunderbar. What's the site address?????
--
Jeff Briere
jkbr...@aiusa.com

A man can keep his self-respect
without shoving it down someone's throat.
--Shane

Sherna Comerford

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

>Great! Wunderbar. What's the site address?????
>--
>Jeff Briere

Uh... if you're referring to that filk site I found, I have no idea.
The only way I can surf is to call the Maryland state library computer
site, and use their search engines. I have to search these things out
every time. Try searching for filk.