I'm new here

1 view

jhanson

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BD6927.CAC6A920

Hello and Bright Blessings to all;

I have just subscribed to this UUS list and am looking forward to =
meeting other UU's. I have been living the pagan lifestyle for sometime =
and just recently found out that I was not the only one. I have been =
following Wicca for about a year now and have initiated myself as a =
solitary practitioner. However, I do not write off Christianity as a =
viable lifestyle and believe that both, practiced to fullest, are quite =
compatible.

My name is John Hanson and I live in Leland, IL. I am a Friend of the =
DeKalb IL UU congregation and am thinking about signing the membership =
book. But, I am almost 40 and am getting too old to make commitments =
that I can not (or will not) keep. So I believe I will remain a Friend =
of the UU's for quite some time.

I am truly looking forward to meeting you and in my quest for spiritual =
community hope to be able to share and learn as much as possible in the =
time that I have left in this life.

Blessed Be
john hanson
Leland IL 60531

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BD6927.CAC6A920

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Hello and Bright Blessings to =
all;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I have just subscribed to this UUS =
list and am=20
looking forward to meeting other UU's.&nbsp; I have been living the =
pagan=20
lifestyle for sometime and just recently found out that I was not the =
only=20
one.&nbsp; I have been following Wicca for about a year now and have =
initiated=20
myself as a solitary practitioner.&nbsp; However, I do not write off=20
Christianity as a viable lifestyle and believe that both, practiced to =
fullest,=20
are quite compatible.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>My name is John Hanson and I live in =
Leland,=20
IL.&nbsp; I am a Friend of the DeKalb IL&nbsp; UU congregation and am =
thinking=20
about signing the membership book.&nbsp; But, I am almost 40 and am =
getting too=20
old to make commitments that I can not (or will not) keep.&nbsp; So I =
believe I=20
will remain a Friend of the UU's for quite some time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am truly looking forward to =
meeting you and in=20
my quest for spiritual community hope to be able to share and learn as =
much as=20
possible in the time that I have left in this life.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Blessed Be</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>john hanson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Leland IL&nbsp; =
60531</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BD6927.CAC6A920--

David R. Burwasser

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, jhanson wrote:

> I have been living the pagan lifestyle for sometime and just recently

> found out that I was not the only one.

Are you aware of the Covenant of UU Pagans (CUUPS)? This is a Pagan affil-
iate of the UUA with a website at <www.cuups.org>.

There are also two UU Pagan email lists, <cuu...@uua.org> and
<cuup...@efn.org>. One joins the former by sending to <list...@uua.org>
the text message "subscribe cuups-l <your_name>" and to the latter by
sending to (I think) <majo...@efn.org> the text message "subscribe
cuups-usa <your_email_address>". Any format errors will draw an automated
response with further guidance.

> I am truly looking forward to meeting you and in my quest for spiritual

> community hope to be able to share and learn as much as possible in the

> time that I have left in this life.

Welcome, and Blessed Be!
Dave Burwasser

Sherna Comerford

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

>I have just subscribed to this UUS list and am looking forward to =
>meeting other UU's.

Welcome, John! You've just met a bunch of them. :) New voices are
wonderful to hear.

--
******** she...@capaccess.org *** VISIT THE NATURE CENTER ***