Command execution through OUTTRAP giving rc -1645

Vaid Laturkar

Apr 6, 2022, 12:18:37 PM4/6/22
Hi All,

We have a long running REXX exec working at different customer sites.
This uses OUTTRAP to trap output of RACF command 'SEARCH CLASS(USER)' and then iterates through the list for further processing.

Recently at one customer site, this command execution through REXX exec is giving RC -1645 (and incomplete user list) when executed using one user id but works when executed using other ID. (gets all users)

READY
%MYEXECV
46 *-* cmd ---> The cmd variable has 'SEARCH CLASS(USER)' command
+++ RC(-1645) +++

We tried to add "PROFILE VARSTORAGE(HIGH)" before OUTTRAP and increasing REGION parameter on job too. But somehow it's now working. Earlier we had similar issue and specifying this profile setting has worked.
There are around 145K+ users and user is error is only able to trap around 89K users only. RACF permission wise this id is setup properly. so that's no issue.

The code snippet goes as below:
000041 issue_scmd:
000043 address TSO
000044 "PROFILE VARSTORAGE(HIGH)"
000045 x = OUTTRAP(rec.,,'NOCONCAT')
000046 cmd = 'SEARCH CLASS(USER)'
000047 cmd

Any pointers on how can this be further investigated for issue. Thanks in advance.

Regard
Vaid